VAUXHALL REVEALS ALL-NEW INSIGNIA SPORTS TOURER
- Up to 200kg lighter than the outgoing version
- 1,640 litre boot – over 100 litres more space than predecessor
- Length of the boot has grown by 97mm to 2005mm
- 40/20/40 foldable seats available
- Elegant and spacious Monza Concept-inspired design by Brit Mark Adams
- New technologies including next-gen IntelliLux Matrix LED headlights
Following on from the previous generation, which won the European Car of the Year in 2009, the all-new Insignia Sports Tourer is based on a completely new vehicle architecture. Its revised proportions result in more luggage capacity that has increased to 1,640 litres, over 100 litres, more than the outgoing model. The length of the boothas grown by 97mm to 2005mm versus the previous model and 40/20/40 foldable seats are available, making it even more practical.
Like with the Astra and the forthcoming Insignia Grand Sport, efficiency was key for engineers. The new model is up to 200 kilograms lighter than its predecessor, thanks to the use of lightweight materials and efficient packaging. This weight loss allows for high-tech features such as the ultra-modern all-wheel-drive system with torque vectoring and the new eight-speed automatic transmission to exploit their strengths to the full.
Want to know more?
Download the full tech-spec HERE (doc via Google Drive)
Click HERE to be kept informed!